11.10.06

London and things

Yesterday I was in London for the beginnings of GB 07 planning - yes really!, after my meeting I headed down to the Tate Modern with Jonny to have a look at the slides that are the new installation in the Turbine Hall - first question we asked was "is this art?' to be honest does it really matter? As it looked like great fun as the tall ones are very fast! in that space you need to have something very experiential and so this fitted the bill perfectly, as I was leaving a school group had gathered to cheer their teachers as they hurtled down the slides! Bet they went home with great stories of their trip to London! there are some pretty poor pictures (taken on my mobile) here and some better ones here (not taken by me!)


-----------------------------

Jonny blogged today about a
fantastic sounding book - recommend you have a look - it is good to hear that people are writing stuff that is challenging and culturally relevant

No comments: